Mercy Health Client Support Specialist in Mason, Ohio
Client Support Specialist
Job ID: 4660740
Updated: May 17, 2018
Location: Mason, OH, United States
Department: Vendor Mgmt
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
Client Support Specialist
This position is located onsite with Mercy Health, a client of Ensemble Health Partners. To learn more about Mercy, click the link below to apply.
The Client Support Specialist is responsible for performing account reviews, follow-up and resolution of bad debt pre-list accounts, and handling incoming calls from patients and agencies related to aged receivables to bring accounts to resolution.
Client Support Specialist Responsibilities include:
- Monitors Bankruptcy Expectations, VCM Pool Completion, CWF and eRequest aging stats (daily) to ensure results remain within corporate policy/guidelines.
- Researches and responds to account inquires and escalations from management, legal team, facility management, patients, vendors, etc.
- Audits accounts approved for legal pursuit by VCM Reps to ensure accounts appropriately qualify for legal based on policy and that all necessary paperwork is provided to the attorneys.
- Monitors prelist to ensure weekly/monthly completion by required entities.
- Monitors all self-pay A/R, and collaborates with management to ensure proper account placement with collection agencies and timely agency close-backs.
- Handles written correspondences regarding estates and bankruptcies from patients and/or vendors
Client Support Specialist will receive benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to providing fair and just workplaces.
- Wellness programming designed to help our associates enhance their health, including a comprehensive annual health risk assessment.
- A culture truly participatory and to strengthen diversity and inclusion.
- Growth - once you've joined our team, you will discover a variety of traditional and online learning opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, to help you acquire new skills and obtain degrees, certifications and CEUs. And our managers will coach you toward greater success.
- Recognition - we recognize our associates through programs that include service awards, celebrations and personal appreciation. We also survey associates annually to assess their satisfaction with our organization and managers, and to identify areas for improvement.
Client Support Specialist Requirements include:
- High School Diploma Required – Associates Preferred
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience preferred
- Understanding of admission, billing, payments and denials.
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient insurance process for obtaining authorizations and benefits verification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or CPT or procedure codes.
- Patient Access experience with managed care/insurance and Call Center experience highly preferred.
- Articulate, personable, dependable and confident with excellent communication skills.
- Customer service oriented, builds trust and respect by exceeding customer expectations.
Full-time, 40 hours per week, days, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This position will be a part of the revenue cycle team at Ensemble Health Partners - a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercy Health. Ensemble Health Partners specializes in providing revenue cycle solutions and creating real value for its clients by building relationships, reducing revenue cycle spend and delivering exceptional results. Ensemble partners with hospitals across the United States to make real and lasting improvements that impact the bottom line.