UC Health Patient Accounting Representative - Lindner Center of HOPE - Revenue Cycle in Lindner Center of Hope - 4075 Old Western Row Road - Mason, Ohio
Title: Patient Accounting Representative
Location: Lindner Center of HOPE
Department: Revenue Cycle
Hours: 40 hours per week
This position is responsible for AR follow up on all unpaid claims which includes reviewing and tracking all denials and bringing them to resolution. The position is also responsible for preparing and maintaining an accurate accounting of denials, trends, under and overpayments for contract compliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Research zero paid claims and takes action for maximum reimbursement. Ability to collect from self pay and insurance claims.
Work collection follow up reports for unpaid claims at the 45 day, 60 day, 90 day and 120 day buckets.
Tracks and trends all denials for quality improvement opportunities.
Works closely with UR nurses to file appeals on inpatient denials. Files appeals on appropriate denied outpatient claims.
Creates, organizes, corrects, updates and maintains accounts using medical billing software.
Participates in the Utilization Management meeting.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Research all credits for Commercial/Medicare claims for possible refunds.
High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
- CPAT, CPAM or other certification relating to managed care or revenue cycle preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years experience medical billing/facility billing experience preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of third party payers, managed care contracts, claims review, analysis and quality assurance.
- Strong computer skills, utilizing a variety of software applications, including medical billing programs is required.
- Data entry and/or PC experience required. Familiar with Word, Excel and internet navigation.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to communicate effectively using age-specific and developmentally appropriate care for the spectrum of populations admitted to LCOH.
- Ability to enthusiastically follow and model the Lindner Center of HOPE mission, vision and values.
Organization: *Lindner Center of Hope
Title: Patient Accounting Representative - Lindner Center of HOPE - Revenue Cycle
Location: Lindner Center of Hope - 4075 Old Western Row Road - Mason, OH
Requisition ID: 048418