Great American Insurance Co. Underwriting Product Representative - Specialist in Cincinnati, Ohio
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Alternative Markets Division of Great American Insurance Group is a leader in the development of multi-line commercial programs and captive partnerships with agents, associations, and groups.
Since 1999, we have delivered customized solutions to our customers, establishing a reputation for flexibility, responsive service and open communication. Our program-focused business model is a great alternative to the traditional commercial marketplace.
Alternative Markets is currently searching for a Product Specialist to support our suite of product offerings. This position will be based out of our Cincinnati, OH headquarters.
• Serves as a contact and technical resource on underwriting policies, guidelines, processes and systems.
• Serves as the primary product representative for assigned Lines of Business and/or Products
Interacts with relevant areas such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, PDC and provides customer service support (i.e. agents, regulators)
Participates in business unit, compliance, claims, agency, program reviews and audits (i.e. compliance audits, rate/pricing reviews, agency reviews, underwriting audits).
Collaborates with Underwriting, Product Development, Product Management, Information systems and other business partners for implementation of new / revised products and supporting services.
• Develops product form and rate revisions, underwriting guidelines, manuals and procedures
Recommends and leads in implementing new / revised policy language, endorsements and underwriting procedures to ensure appropriate legal review, forms and system modifications are completed.
Develops new and revised insurance products, policies, and other required forms.
In conjunction with PDC, maintains the review, approval and implementation of assigned filings and ensures compliance with statutory requirements.
Develops proper notifications to policyholders and ensures distribution.
• Develops training sessions and communication materials.
Identifies ongoing and future training needs necessary to bridge any gaps and to achieve business objectives.
Coordinates and develops curriculum.
Facilitates and may conduct training sessions.
Includes training as necessary on product/rate changes for staff, field and agency personnel.
• Provides field underwriting management guidance. Has responsibility for developing, implementing, communicating and monitoring compliance of company guidelines, policies, systems, underwriting processes, procedures, legislative, regulatory and market conduct issues.
• Partners with the IT department on prioritization, implementation and enhancements of operational systems to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient.
• Resolves and/or assists with researching, documenting, communicating complex compliance related issues.
• Monitors pertinent insurance publications to determine impact on line of business. This may include:
Identifying emerging coverage issues, state regulatory concerns and business unit needs.
Developing action plans, implementing and communicating changes when appropriate
• Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
• Performs other duties as assigned,
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 7 or more years of Product Management related experience required. May be in the process of obtaining or may have already completed certification in area of expertise; appropriate certifications could include Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Program in General Insurance (INS), Associate of Risk Management (ARM) and / or continuing education as a professional trainer (Certified Trainer, Train-the-Trainer, etc.) preferred.