Kinder Morgan Terminal Operator in CINCINNATI, Ohio
Job ID #: 17191
1 - 3 Years
High School Diploma
6456 -MWREG QUEEN CITY TERM RC 6456 :KMLQT
Primary Purpose: • Perform liquid product handling of a variety of chemicals and petrochemicals in an industrial work environment. The product handling will be by way of barges, tank-to-tank transfers, tank car, and tank truck, boiler operations and/or other work required within the terminal.
• Perform associated work as directed by work orders and/or supervision consistent with standard operating procedures, state and local regulations in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
• Climbing elevated tanks to determine the volume of material in the tank via a gauging process.
• Transfer chemical and/or petroleum products to and from various bulk containers including rail cars and tank trucks.
• Open and close valves, connect and disconnect hoses in order to allow for the proper product transfer.
• Perform daily walk around inspections of the liquid handling equipment over a multi-acre facility.
• Performs heating functions of required products in terminal storage facilities and mode units as required. Operation of an industrial boiler may be required.
• Conducts spill clean-up operations as required.
• Performs housekeeping responsibilities around operational activities, on the grounds and at the buildings.
• Properly label containers and vessels as required per DOT regulations.
• Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives and procedure and policy training, including any required testing.
• Regular and predictable attendance
• Complete required customer and Company documentation such as bills of lading in a clear and legible manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirement: High School Diploma or GED. Job Requirements:
• Minimum of 1 year experience in an industrial environment.
• Familiarity with pipe wrenches, box wrenches and other similar tools.
• Mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, fractions, multiplication/division and percentages, are required.
• The ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to speak and understand English.
• Ability to write legibly.
• Ability to work with others, takes direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Must be able to obtain a TWIC card.
• Must possess and maintain a drivers' license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
• Successful completion of background check and drug screen upon offer.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to wear standard PPE (hard hat, goggles, rain gear, steel toe boots, gloves) and qualify to wear a Full Face Respirator.
• Must be able to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time, up to 12 hours in duration.
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and raise your body weight as high as 4 feet.
• Must not have a fear of water or heights (over 40 feet). The ability to swim is a plus.
• Able to traverse uneven and slippery walking surfaces.
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions, as a majority of the time will be working outside.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, rotational shifts and be available for emergency assignments.
• Must be willing to work hours during the week and/or weekends and holidays in a 24 our per day operation.
• Trade school, formal training/significant work experience handling Hazardous liquid chemicals, or associates degree.
• Familiarity with OSHA, DOT, Industrial Hygiene and other industry regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.