Mercy Health PCA Nursing Assistant - The Jewish Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio
PCA Nursing Assistant - The Jewish Hospital
Job ID: 4662851
Updated: May 7, 2018
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Department: MED/SURG - 5 Tower
Full/Part Time: PRN
Standard Hours: 0.01
You’re a caring person . After all, “care” is in your job title. Mercy Health likes caring people. We’re a faith-based healthcare organization that gives care to those who need it the most. And we’re looking for dedicated, compassionate and – you guessed it – caring people like you to join our team. The patient always comes first here, and we’ll help you give the best possible care. You’ll work in new facilities and use state-of-the-art equipment. We’ll even work around school schedules, help pay tuition and give you the chance to advance your education.
As a PCA at Mercy Health, you’ll care for patients under the guidance of a registered nurse or health care professional.
You’ll also need to:
- Deliver basic nursing care to patients, including care and comfort, monitoring vitals, personal care and hygiene, mobility and wound care.
- Give the best customer service to all patients, family members and visitors, and staff.
- Be professional in appearance, demeanor and communication.
- Provide accurate, precise, and timely patient care documentation, when needed.
You’re caring, compassionate and engaging. These are all things we’re looking for. We also want your solid caregiving skills and desire to make sure patients have the best outcomes. Things move quickly around here, so you’ll need to be flexible, organized and able to problem solve. Plus, you’ll need top-notch communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with a diverse population.
Specifically, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED; vocational or technical degree, a plus
- STNA certification or 2 years recent experience in an acute or long term care facility or nursing student with 1 semester of clinical rotation completed
- CPR and BLS certification or ability to earn certification within 6 months of hire
- Ability to work multiple computer programs
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Recent experience in acute care, long term care facility, a plus
Hours: PRN, Varies
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.