Belcan Modeling and Simulation Controls Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio
Modeling and Simulation Controls Engineer
Job Number: 281538
Category: ENG - Software SBU
Description: A Modeling and Simulation Controls Engineer job in Cincinnati, OH is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need Bachelor’s in Engineering with experience working in an Embedded Software environment. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and testing embedded engine software to satisfy specific functionalities or customer deliverables.
Modeling and Simulation Controls Engineer job duties:
• Developing physics-based models of multiple jet engines
• Translating and implementing these models to work within an embedded environment
• Meet throughput and code safety requirements
• Analyze model performance via simulation and testing
• Apply model capabilities to estimation, performance, and control applications defined by the customer.
• Perform design and code reviews
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer, Software Engineering or a related field
• Ability to construct large, complex systems from simpler components in a structured fashion
• Understanding of aerodynamics and fluid dynamics,
• Ability to create, transform, and analyze large data sets
• Experience with one or more simulation and analysis languages (Matlab/Simulink, R, Python, etc)
• Familiarity with C or C++
• Ability to clearly and thoroughly describe and document system behavior for customers
• Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required
Desired experiences and skills include:
• Experience with embedded software development or real time operating systems
• Experience with software optimization
• Experience with both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms
• Experience developing applications in C or C++
• Experience with one or more scripting languages (Perl, Python, Windows batch/Unix shell, etc)
• Experience with NPSS (Numerical Propulsion System Simulation) or SCADE
• Understanding of gas turbine engine aerodynamics
• Strong oral and written communication skills
If you are interested in this Modeling and Simulation Controls Engineer job in Cincinnati, OH, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Cincinnati , OH
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart