Mercy Health Medical Assistant - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati - Winton Road Primary Care in Cincinnati, Ohio
Medical Assistant - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati - Winton Road Primary Care
Job ID: 4662927
Updated: May 8, 2018
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Department: PCPN Winton Rd PC
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
As a medical assistant at Mercy Health, you’ll support our doctors. You’ll also interview patients for medical history, health concerns, vital signs and more.
You’ll also need to:
· Answer and route patient phone calls.
· Call or fax prescriptions to pharmacies.
· Pre-authorize prescriptions, perform outpatient testing and record results.
· Call other departments, doctors and agencies.
· Schedule appointments and help complete forms and insurance verification.
· Enter patient data.
· Follow the proper procedures, policies and standards.
· Schedule tests.
· Care for patients in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner.
· Strive for the best patient outcomes.
· Recognize and report potential safety issues.
· Maintain confidentiality and be a patient advocate.
· Keep the environment clean, neat and safe.
· Wear other hats, as needed.
Qualifications - Minimum
We’re looking for kind, reliable and dedicated medical assistants — the type of professional who always puts the patient first. Things move quickly around here, so your hats should also include multi-tasking, organization and flexibility. You’ll need good communication skills, too — so you can help patients be their healthy best.
Specifically, you’ll need:
· High school diploma or GED required (candidate must provide verification)
· 2 year Associates Degree in Medical Assisting Preferred
· Must be one of the following, or must obtain this qualification within 6 months of employment:
o Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA or NHA); or
o Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
· Must have graduated from a Medical Assisting program or have at least 3 years of direct medical assisting experience in a physician practice or ambulatory setting within the last 5 years. Would accept current CMA or RMA licensure in lieu of education.
· Computer Skills, Verbal and written communication skills, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
Shift and Job Schedule
Weekly Hours - 40
Weekly Shift - 8:00am-4:30pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
People Answers Assessment -
You will be sent a separate email to take the PeopleAnswers assessment as part of the application process. Please allow 45 minutes to take the assessment. The assessment is a required part of the application process.