Mercy Health Medical Assistant - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati - Blue Ash Family Medicine in Cincinnati, Ohio
Medical Assistant - Mercy Health Physicians Cincinnati - Blue Ash Family Medicine
Job ID: 4663165
Updated: May 16, 2018
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Department: PCPN-Blue Ash FM
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
As a medical assistant at Mercy Health, you’ll support our doctors. You’ll also interview patients for medical history, health concerns, vital signs and more.
You’ll also need to:
· Answer and route patient phone calls.
· Call or fax prescriptions to pharmacies.
· Pre-authorize prescriptions, perform outpatient testing and record results.
· Call other departments, doctors and agencies.
· Schedule appointments and help complete forms and insurance verification.
· Enter patient data.
· Follow the proper procedures, policies and standards.
· Schedule tests.
· Care for patients in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner.
· Strive for the best patient outcomes.
· Recognize and report potential safety issues.
· Maintain confidentiality and be a patient advocate.
· Keep the environment clean, neat and safe.
· Wear other hats, as needed.
Qualifications - Minimum
We’re looking for kind, reliable and dedicated medical assistants — the type of professional who always puts the patient first. Things move quickly around here, so your hats should also include multi-tasking, organization and flexibility. You’ll need good communication skills, too — so you can help patients be their healthy best.
Specifically, you’ll need:
· High school diploma or GED (candidate must provide verification)
· Must meet one of the following
o Completion of Medical Assisting degree, diploma or certificate, or
o Registered or Certified Medical Assistant (RMA or CMA), or
o Three (3) years of experience working as an MA in the past five (5) years
· Electronic health record experience, a plus
· Word and Excel proficiency, a plus
Shift and Job Schedule
Weekly Hours: 40
Weekly Shift: 8:00am-5:00pm*
*This will be a Full-Time phones/front desk Medical Assistant position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b)
- Plenty of paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more